The festive season survival guide for fending off binge eating
Our simple guide covers how you can enjoy the festive season, regain control and fend off binge eating. The survival guide is absolutely jam packed full of helpful strategies, tips and practical exercises that you can use to ensure you can fully embrace the holidays this year.
In the guide we discuss;
- The importance of planning (including a worksheet)
- Why you shouldn't be overly restrictive
- Setting your own boundaries and why they're helpful
- Why you should surround yourself with allies and gather up the resources and support you may need (as well as details for resources and support we recommend)
- The importance of comfort
- Being aware of your own limitations
- Breathing techniques with guided practice to calm your nervous system when you become overwhelmed
- How to navigate and divert diet related conversations (with examples)
- The importance of reflection and how to reflect (with a worksheet)
This guide is a short course version of the strategies we use daily with our clients so hopefully it should provide a tonne of benefit to you, or those you may know who could be overcoming difficulties around their eating and self.